What do we think about Wix:
- Over 510 beautiful & professional templates for different industries – You’ll find one that fits your needs
- Pure drag & drop website builder – insert any content anywhere – Maximum flexibility, no coding required
- Comprehensive support – email, phone, knowledgebase help center, forum support
What do other experts say about Wix:
Overall, I was able to jump right in and use Wix without going to the docs. Everything is intuitive and easily accessible.
- One of the few solutions marketed openly to web designers working on client projects. The site building process is optimized to give you full design control over the output of the site.
- Easy to make your site look awesome on mobile due to the custom mobile site editor.
- The designs are responsive and built with HTML5.
- The drag-and-drop site builder is easy to use and you can see the effect of your work immediately.
- There are new designs constantly being added, and you can easily see what’s new through the filter feature in the designs directory (you can also filter by most popular).
- This will sound strange, but perhaps there’s just too many designs to choose from. The sheer volume of what’s available can be a bit overwhelming when you fire up Wix for the first time. It would probably be more user-friendly to get rid of the old stuff every once in a while (just a note to Wix).
Review points are directly quoted from codeinwp.com
The Wix editor is a joy to use. Click an element, and you can drag it around, change its text, or edit its appearance.
- Offers dozens of beautitful ready-made HTML5 templates that don’t look anything like WordPress or other content management systems.
- The Wix editor is a joy to use. Click an element, and you can drag it around, change its text, or edit its appearance.
- You can customize just about anything.
- Wix does not let you bring in other editors to help you author content and maintain the site.
- You can’t edit the actual CSS and HTML codes that drive your website.
- Wix does not support exporting your content [if you want to switch out of Wix]
Review points are paraphrased from pcworld.com
Wix lets you easily build a good-looking site with all the commerce capabilities you could want, but you have to pay for any site stats
- Hundreds of templates for specific businesses and other uses.
- Free account option. Good mobile site building tools.
- Rich Web store building features.
- Integrates with PayPal, iTunes, and AdSense for site monetization.
- Lacks digital download selling. [Note: you can now sell digital products with Wix]
- No built-in statistics feature. [Note: you can use Google Analytics to get traffic statistics]
- Unrestrained customization may result in less attractive site designs.
Review points are directly quoted from pcmag.com
Wix is best suited for patient users who will take the time necessary to take advantage of everything it offers.
- Wix does the best job of any blank canvas editor I’ve seen.
- Wix’s strength is the amount of features it offers.
- Wix offers a diverse App Market that lets you integrate 3rd party apps. Your experience will differ from app to app— some apps are certainly more in-depth than others (and some are pretty poor). But if you’re patient, you will find some decent apps.
- Wix also includes a unique List Builder. List Builder works like a simple database. You create a database for a repeating type of content (example: events, videos, recipes, testimonials) and Wix will automatically create a backend for you to manage it.
- Want to drag elements around your website like a power-point presentation? Go for it!
- Wix’s interface can feel overwhelming.
- Once you choose a template you’re locked into it.
- I’m usually skeptical of blank canvas editors. Blank canvas editors have a tendency to get messy and unstructured.
Review points are paraphrased from sitebuilderreport.com
Wix is capable of building high quality websites, fast. Once you choose your template, Wix is easy to set up, customize and publish with.
- Wix serves up a very user friendly interface and drag-and-drop system.
- All 280+ Wix templates are well designed and responsive to mobile devices.
- Page elements like images, forms, maps and so forth can be added quickly, and then dragged-and-dropped anywhere.
- Wix offers users a huge amount of help and support across all its pages.
- Blogging features.
- eCommerce features.
- Huge range of apps via the Wix App Store.
- Wix hosts everything in the cloud, so there’s no technical set up to worry about.
- Wix displays ads on your website when you use their free plan.
- Once you build your website on one template, you can’t switch to another template.
- Just like with Weebly and Squarespace, the eCommerce option is there, but it’s not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination. Plus, it’s on it’s own plan, so anybody opting for the Free, Combo or Unlimited plans will not have eCommerce features.
Review points are directly quoted from websitebuildercritic.com
WIX could be the best decision you have ever made when it comes to selecting a web builder
- Best Templates Out There
- Easy To Use
- Ability To HTML5 Or Flash Website
- Interactive Tutorials
- Extensive Customization
- SEO Tracking
- Great Widgets & Add-On
- Need For Multiple Builders
- No E-mail Integration
Review points are directly quoted from websiteplanet.com
Its most positive sides are a great template selection, ease of use and versatility.
- Wix is a robust website builder with an impeccable reputation.
- Wix is probably one of the most user-friendly website builders.
- Wix has a lot to offer. Even their free plan gives you an advanced list of features: hundreds of beautiful templates, blogging, a great selection of widgets and apps, etc
- Wix offers some of the best templates in the market.
- User-friendly interface with a lot of direction cues and prompts.
- Even if you upgrade to the Connect Domain plan, Wix still displays an advertisement.
- There’s no way to generate human-readable URLs for your pages. The URL format generated by the builder doesn’t look good.
- Wix doesn’t open up the codes. You can’t tweak your site’s source code.
Review points are paraphrased from superbwebsitebuilders.com
Wix’s selection of highly modern layouts and impressive animations made a particularly good impression on us.
- Visually impressive layouts are designed for businesses, restaurants, online stores and artists such as musicians and photographers.
- Themes are optimized for mobile devices.
- The editor is very easy to understand.
- The editor supports nine languages. Multilingual sites are generally possible.
- The App Market is a very useful tool which makes the implementation of additional features as easy as adding an app to your Smartphone.
- Wix is particularly good for impressive presentation scenarios. Artists, bands, photographers and other creative users will be very happy with Wix if they want a great platform on which to present themselves with style.
- If you want a good looking website on your mobile device, you need to arrange your elements manually. A more responsive website builder would do this automatically.
- You cannot change your template once you have made your initial choice. Other website builders need only a few clicks to swap one template for another.
Review points are paraphrased from websitetooltester.com
Wix has an advantage of being an all-in-one solution. If there’s a problem, it’s on Wix. There’s no tracking down the root problem or figuring out who or what is at fault.
- Wix’s backend interface it is simple and intuitive.
- When they talk about drag and drop, they literally mean you drag and drop elements wherever you want to.
- Wix’s onboarding is also pretty solid. They immediately start your account on an email training sequence, and guide you through design choices.
- Professionals at Wix are in charge of making sure your site stays fast. With more users on mobile devices and more security risks, it’s a good advantage to have both services bundled and taken care of by Wix.
- Wix does support via Knowledge Base, Phone and via email tickets.
- Wix’s backend interface isn’t the most beautiful or modern.
- More expensive than their main competitors.
- This drag & drop builder can be good from a control standpoint, but it’s also frustrating. There’s no parameters or help to keep your layout looking good.
- I found the Wix App Market apps to not be true apps. They all feel clunky and bolt-on instead of true extensions.
- Tradeoff between convenience and control. There’s no ability to edit any CSS, and adding any additional code to the site is difficult.
Review points are paraphrased from shivarweb.com