Selling on Facebook is an easy way to top up your income with a few extra dollars each month.
Whether you want to connect your ecommerce store to Facebook, or you haven’t built your store yet but want to start selling on Facebook, you’ve come to the right place.
This guide will show you:
- What a Facebook Store is
- Why ecommerce website builders are the easiest way to start selling on Facebook
- How you can set up a Facebook Store on top ecommerce builders Shopify, BigCommerce and Wix
Why would you ever want to set up a Facebook Store to sell on Facebook?
Well, Facebook has over 2 billion active users every single month.
“If you’re an ecommerce store owner, you want access to such a massive audience right?”
“And if you don’t have your store yet, you’re looking for the best way to access them?”
Not all of Facebook’s users are going to be your customer. But even if a fraction of Facebook’s audience end up buying from your online ecommerce store, that’s still pretty darn good.
If you don’t have your own online store yet, these are the two guides you need:
Click on the following links to read the specific sections:
So What is a Facebook Store?
Facebook allows you to set up a store on your Facebook Page to sell products. Facebook Page is a dedicated page that you can set up for your business, so it is different your personal Facebook account.
I won’t go into how to set up a Facebook Page for your business here, but there are plenty of good step-by-step guides if you just search for them on Google.
Once you have your own Facebook Page set up, you can actually set up your Facebook store as one of the tabs on your Page.
So when people visit your Facebook Page, they can click through on your Store Tab and actually purchase products directly on your Facebook Store.
Needless to say, to get people to buy from your Facebook Store, you should be growing your Facebook audience / community as part of your overall business marketing plan.
Engaging your Facebook community is an excellent way to grow your business since Facebook makes it super easy for you to target users with specific interests, and it also makes sharing (viral marketing) of your content much easier than anywhere else.
Setting Up A Facebook Store On A Facebook Page
Facebook allows you to create stores within your Facebook Page, but it does involve you knowing how to create an App, then uploading your products and pricing information into Facebook, then somehow connecting all that to some sort of shopping cart to process your payments.
Yes – it sounds a bit technical and probably we should reserve that for techie warriors.
So what can you (a normal guy or gal) do?
Is there a better (and easier) way to do this without pulling all your hair out? Or smashing your face into your keyboard every 5 minutes?
Yes, there are easier ways to do this!
Why Website Builders Are The Best Way To Sell On Facebook
There are actually quite a number of software or Apps out there that allows you to set up your Facebook store quite easily, all without requiring you to fudge around with codes at all.
In fact, there is a number of ecommerce online store builders that can automatically connect all your products to your Facebook store (more details below).
Once you have built your own online store, you can then expand your business presence by setting up a Facebook Store to start selling stuff on Facebook.
So if you used one of these ecommerce builder software to create your ecommerce store, any changes or updates you do to your products, these will be automatically “pushed” through to your Facebook store.
The benefit here is that you just have to update your product once, and your Facebook store will also be seamlessly updated – saving you time and sanity!
Let’s get started on seeing which ecommerce software allows you to automatically create your own Facebook store so you can start selling products on Facebook.
Set Up Your Facebook Store with Shopify
Shopify is one of the best and fastest growing ecommerce shopping cart software in the market today:
- 500,000+ active online stores built (helped merchants process over $40 billion in sales)
- Professional and polished design themes to make your store look great
- Hundreds of Apps to expand the functionality of your online store. You can add them as your business grows and require more features.
- 24/7 any time support
To create your Facebook Store through Shopify, you just have to add their free Facebook Store app to your Shopify store.
- Visual Organization – You can add banners & change the number of columns of products
- Choose which products you want to sell on Facebook, and automatically import them from your Shopify store to your Facebook store
- Real-time updates – update your products on your Shopify store, and your Facebook store is automatically updated as well
- Liking Gate – set up you Facebook store so that your visitors has to “Like” your Facebook Page before they can see your products (this is optional)
So if you set up an ecommerce website using Shopify, they make it so simple for you to transport your products to your own Facebook store.
Shopify offers a 14-day free trial, so you can get started without spending any of your own money. Click the button below to get started on Shopify.
Set Up Your Facebook Store with BigCommerce
BigCommerce is also a very reputable ecommerce online store builder, helping you build your own e-store without having to touch codes at all (same as Shopify above):
- Helped merchants process over $9 billion in sales
- Comprehensive set of “out of the box” tools to help you build your store
- Leverages on different social channels to help you grow your sales (such as Facebook Store)
- You can add more advanced tools through their App store (just like Shopify)
Setting up your Facebook store with BigCommerce is pretty straightforward, and you just have to follow these steps here.
The total number of steps can be completed in just a few minutes and you can start selling products on Facebook.
BigCommerce is also one of the better ecommerce shopping cart software available in the market today. In our opinion, their biggest competitor is Shopify (discussed above), and each of them has their own pros and cons.
Like Shopify, BigCommerce offers a free trial period, so you can try it and see if it’s the right builder for you. Hit the button below to get started.
Set Up Your Facebook Store with Wix
Wix is most well known as a drag and drop website builder. Even though their core focus is not ecommerce (unlike Shopify and BigCommerce, which are solely focused on ecommerce), they do give you some pretty functional ecommerce tools.
- Over 109 million websites have been built with Wix
- Pure drag and drop interface, so you can insert content anywhere on your website
- Hundreds of beautifully designed templates
- Apps Market to add more functionality to your website (see our discussion here)
Wix also allows you to easily build a Facebook Store for free, which you can manage all in Wix’s editor. Here are the instructions on how to get it set up.
For instance, all your inventory is managed in your Wix online store and all updates are automatically “pushed” through to your Facebook store.
This makes is very simple and is an efficient way to manage your store across different platforms.
CONCLUSION – HOW TO SET UP A FACEBOOK STORE
Found This Guide Helpful?